Monday, May 9, 2011

Robin's Quick Pizza Crust

  This recipe was originally given to me by chef Amy about 10 years ago and I've changed it only a little! Ingredients for 1 pizza crust:   Combine 1 cup warm water
                                                               1 Tb. sugar
                                                                2 1/4 tsp. yeast
                                                 Set aside.
                         In a separate bowl, add 2 1/2 c. flour, 1 tsp. salt, and your favorite herbs and spices. I like lots of Garlic powder, basil, oregano, parsley and rosemary. I smell the flour mixture and when the combo smells delicious, I'm done adding. Real scientific right? :)

           Lastly, combine the yeast mixture with the dry ingredients and add 3 Tbs. of olive oil. Knead it all together until it's elastic and no longer sticky( add flour as needed ). No rising time necessary. Just roll out and cover with your usual sauce and other toppings and bake! About 400 degrees , about 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yum!
             

4 comments:

  1. Yum!! I have been wanting your recipe and I am even more excited that it won't take me very long(the one I use now only takes 5 minutes to rise, but this will be an improvement!). Thanks Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Tomorrow's dinner! I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!! I am so inspired to make this for dinner on Friday night. Love the picture of the dough, I can almost taste the herbs. I'm always looking for recipes that will use pieces of my enormous rosemary bushes so that I can convince Kevin that I need them and he can't pull them out... Wish we lived closer so that we could make pizza together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about Quick Pizza Crust ..
    Pizza Equipment

    ReplyDelete