Sunday, November 27, 2011

30 Days of HAIR!!!! Day 27!!!





This is the one hairstyle, that I can honestly say I thought was entirely original and creative and new and my own.  I started doing this about 3 years ago and it is my go to hairstyle when I want something quick and fancy.  I always get lots of comments on it and I love it.  However, as I was gearing up to do the 30 Days of Hair project I found this...way to steal my thunder!  Anyway, this is the same basic hairstyle, one by itself and one with a ribbon.  It's so easy.  I usually kneel on the floor(for balance, hahaha) and put my head upside down and start a french braid at the base of my hairline in the middle of my neck.  I continue braiding just as I would a normal french braid until I get to the front and all of the hair is braided, then I pull the braid a little bit to loosen it up, lump it in an aesthetic pile and secure it with bobby pins.  Done.  For the ribbon you just use a fairly long ribbon and incorporate it into the braid, using it just as you would a piece of hair.  When I got to the front I wasn't really sure what to do with it, so I just tucked it into the pile and secured it with the rest of the hair.  Please keep in mind these last pictures were taken at 1 am...sometimes we stay up too late.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment