Sunday, November 6, 2011

Scarf tutorial!! Sweater re-purposing



Here is another re-purposing project.  I love me a scarf, so I took a sweater that is a little awkward on me and hacked it up.  It took me 10 minutes and I think it turned out great and it will work with a lot of different fabrics.  First I cut the lower portion of the sweater off with enough fabric to cut tassels and still have a good chunk of scarf for the top.  Then I cut fairly skinny strips almost half of the way up the fabric, creating the tassels.  With this particular sweater it had ribbing which made it pretty easy to cut consistent and straight tassels.   There you have it.  Twist it up or wear it straight.  This has so many possibilities!  Be creative!  If you use a wider sweater you could wrap it around twice, you could tie knots at the tops of each tassel, you could add beads to them, etc, etc.  Enjoy!!

1 comment: